Do I have a virus?????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EMaul

I got an e-mail, from a freind saying that see thinks she spread a virus through e-mail. She said that anti-virus scanners will not pick this one up, and it stays inactive for a while on your harddrive. the e-mail then wants you to deleat the file. The file name is SULFNBK.EXE. Have you guys head of this. Do you have any idea what that file is, and should I deleat it, and send an e-mail to all my contacts telling them to do the same thing?

Max19

Account Disabled
Never send an e-mail message to everyone in your Contact list because the message tells you too. Basically, it's a do-it-yourself virus. Rather than sending itself to all your contacts, it gets you to do all the dirty work.

Bookmark this web site, and look up all those types of messages you receive.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html

There is no such thing as a virus that anti-virus software won't detect. If there was, the entire industry would go out of business. It's just a ploy to get you to believe that anti-virus software is worthless.

It's not. It's absolutely vital to have anti-virus software on your computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online