1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Do i have an actual problem with hard drive?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kixxii44, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kixxii44

kixxii44 Thread Starter

Aug 15, 2012
    Within last week i started getting RAID Xpert warning about timed out event
    event log:
    The description for Event ID 259 from source AMD RAID API cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
    If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
    The following information was included with the event:
    Task 20 timeout on port 1 target 1 at LBA 0x09e76468 (Length 0x100)
    the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.

however when i open RAIDXpert it says that everything is fine and dandy, SMART is good etc... do i need to worry about back-up and new hard drive?:confused:

Jan 30, 2007
    If the harddrive is going make sure anything you want to save is put on a cd/dvd or it will be lost forever.if it is the drive all you can do is get a new one.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065205