1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Do I have double-NAT?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by LaustDengsoe, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaustDengsoe

LaustDengsoe Thread Starter

I wanted to port forward my Plex server, but it said that I might have double-NAT. So I read that using the command tracert in cmd, I should be able to see if I have double-NAT.
    And the first two IPs were:
    192.168.2.1 and 192.168.1.254.
    My default gateway is 192.168.2.1, but it was once 192.168.1.1.

So the 192.168.1.254 was really weird, because the default gateway is different.

I then typed in the IP into my browser, and it wanted me to type a username and password, like when I go to 192.168.2.1. But all the passwords and usernames (including admin, admin) I tried is all wrong.

I really don't which device it might be. So I thought that some one here might be able to help me find the device?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi LaustDengsoe, and welcome to TSG.

Please tell us the brands and exact model numbers of the routers, switches, and any modem you are using for your Internet connection and exactly how they are interconnected.

If you are connecting your computer to a router that is then connected to a modem supplied by by your Internet Service Provider, you could very well be using double-NAT. Many modems include a router and would need to be configured as a gateway to bypass the NAT used by the internal router.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1207447

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice