1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Do I need 64bit Win XP for a dual core 64 bit CPU?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by CollinMA, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CollinMA

CollinMA Thread Starter

I didn't even think of it when I ordered my new system. I currently have the same copy of windows xp home I've had all along. Do I need to get 64 bit XP professional for my Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor to work? I'd hate to have to have to buy a retail copy.. argh
    Thanks

2. Crusnik

Crusnik

I've had a 64bit processor for about a year and have been running Windows XP (32bit) with no problems what so ever. As far as I know, you can run 32 or 64, you just have the ability to upgrade to 64 when you're ready =D.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Same here, I have an AMD X2, and this is XP-Pro. ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!