Do I need a modum driver update?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hotskates

My modem is a "Conexant SoftK56 PCI Modem(M)

My computer is 3 yrs. old and I"ve never downloaded an updated driver for my modem. Is there such a thing and if so , where would I get it??

Thanks.

Triple6

Rob
Yes there is such a thing, but if it broke then don't try fixing it.

Are you having modem/connection problems?

hotskates

My problem is speed. When I first went online with our local internet provider, my speed was pretty good (going from page to page, that is) The last 3-4 mo. my internet speed is down to a crawl. My provider even "upgraded" my service to what they called "dial-up broadband" which was supposed to speed things up by 3 times. Things have only gotten slower though and I'm trying to avoid the $50.00 per month broadband by trying to speed things up on my own first.

If you have a dial up modem you will not be able to speed things up unless your ISP speeds things up...

Dial up depends on the ISP and your phone lines and there is not much you can do to get faster internet service with a dial up...

hotskates

Thanks for the help. By the way, your website was very interesting and helpful. (I have a HP 6645C) I'm going to review the Intel chipset portion and see if it will help me obtain the updates. I have tried in the past to download the upgrades from Intel's website but have had no luck at all, so I gave up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online