1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Do I need new drivers, or a new video card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Raddaya, Jun 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Raddaya

Raddaya Thread Starter

Hello,

I wish to update my video card. I have Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family(EVEREST home edition told me so.) Now, I am not sure what my current driver is, or how to find out. What I do know is I have 128 MB Video RAM, I do have 3D, and my pixel shader version is 2.0

However, I have no vertex shader, or Hardware T&L. I should mention here the game I want to play is Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, but I do want to update my video card in general.

Are any drivers available that will update this video card? Or must I get a new one?

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    You would do well in listing the spec's on your computer so the Tech's can give you an informed answer.

3. Raddaya

Raddaya Thread Starter

By specs do you mean RAM etc?

I have Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3. ~ 1GB Ram. What other specs do you need?

4. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Type of computer, home built, brand name. Mother board, power supply, CPU, HD. Also, are you running a Anti-Virus program or anything else to protect you? If you would click on the little computer to the right of my name you can see the info that is needed to help the Tech's.

5. Raddaya

Raddaya Thread Starter

OK ignore my previous post. Ran SysInfo. Info is in the comp. Now if you want anything else, it'd be great if you told me how to do it. :x

6. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Belarc Advisor will show you your computer spec's and then some:) Just download it and run it, it automatically updates before running.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Ah, I see your updated post, very good:) Hopefully someone will be along shortly and give you some advice:)

7. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Hopefully one of the Tech's will take a look in here soon:)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1001618

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice