do i need to get rid of zone alarm security

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kamjam02

hi for some insane reason decided to switch from norton security to zone alarm --ever since i installed zone alarm i have had nothing but problems my computer is slow and sluggish - i get knocked out all the time and my broadband is more like dial up - has anyone had any problems like this or heard of any with zone alarm ? i am thinking of just eating the $70 bucks uninstalling and putting norton back on ...thoughts :mad:

In general. switching firewalls can be an unpleasant experience. Since these things operate at driver level for many of their functions, they easily interfere with one another.

Do you have any remaining Norton software on your machine? It's quite possible that the problems arise from an incomplete uninstallation of the Norton firewall components.

What operating system?

I have used both of them,I settled on ZONE ALARM SEC.
I HAD NO TROUBLE WHEN I SWITCHED OVER.

Try uninstalling everything,do a SEARCH for all of it.
GO into program file get rid of the folders if they are still there.
REINSTALL ZONE ALARM...After ZONE ALARM is installed they walk you througt the settings.MAKE GOOD CHOICES.

SURF SAFE !!!

If you do reinstall, try doing it in Safe Mode so that nothing interferes. But it is a very good idea to try to clean out all the Norton stuff. If you are using XP, you may even want to try Driver Manager to search for and disable Norton drivers. But be careful if you are still running other Norton software because those drivers need to remain enabled.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts