1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Do I need to name the ports on a USB Hub?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tonyacardo, Mar 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tonyacardo

tonyacardo Thread Starter

I plugged an Asus tablet into my Sabrent 4 port USB Hub and it did not show up in My PC. I looked in Disk Management and did not see anything in there either.
    Here is the Hub:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TPMEOYM

How do I plug drives, etc into this USB 3.0 Hub and get my PC to just recognize them. Or what do I have to do to make this more "user friendly"?

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You need to plug a storage device like a Usb stick into the Hub which should then show up in My PC automatically.

3. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    If you think this thread is solved please click on the [Mark Solved] button at the top of your page.

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Based on experience with my Asus tablet (and 2 other android devices) , if the tablet is not powered on before it is attached to a hub or computer, the computer will not see it.

I don't run Windows 10 and my powered USB hubs are probably so old they are USB 1.1! But I plugged a powered hub into my Win 7 computer then plugged the Asus tablet (it was powered on) and the computer immediately popped up the file manager so I could see the files.

5. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    I didn't know that would work, we live and learn !

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I learn the hard way. If there is a right and a wrong way, leave it to me to try the wrong way first. Also if there is an easy and a hard way, I usually try the hard way first!
    After attaching unpowered devices and not seeing them, I learned that I have to turn them on first. Every once in a while I forget then when I don't see the device, I unplug it, turn it on, let android load then try again.

7. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    That first paragraph sounds just like me !
    I only have a Windows 10 tablet so I couldn't test with an Android device.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224690

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice