1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Do i need wordpress, mysql?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by owlhootx, Oct 12, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. owlhootx

owlhootx Thread Starter

Im making one domain running 1 or more websites. Do i need such things if im only making a simple html website featuring more than 2 or 3 sites with images and links? Are they necessary to have? I have no knowledge of these programs as i have simply ever used to run small free servers sites.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

No, don't use WordPress. I have ran a test site named attractively 'No Hackers Here' built using default templates offered by GoDaddy and I was hacked in a month. Web site was totally disabled. WordPress is a known security problem but many people choose it because it is easy to use and can have many functionality added via 3rd party templates.

3. colinsp

colinsp

First Name:
    Colin
    I disagree with @lunarlander Wordpress is no more insecure than any other CMS it is just the most popular and so is likely to have more hacking attempts just the same way that Windows has more virus's than Mac's. If you only have a handful of pages that don't need updating regularly then a CMS is not necessary for you, however if pages need updating regularly then seriously consider a CMS such as Wordpress.

4. sadafsarwar95

sadafsarwar95

I want to start my own blog of online earnings

5. wordpress121

wordpress121

According to me, Wordpress is the most popular CMS nowadays. If you create your website on WordPress then WordPress gives lots of benefits like it provides responsive web design, WordPress is cost-effective, Website is 100% Customizable, you can update manage your website anywhere you are from any computer and much more.

6. callumthompson

callumthompson

you could try shopify as well IF its an e-commerce. otherwise wordpress is the easiest one out there. you dont really need much or any html knowledge.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234188

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice