Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do i need wordpress, mysql?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  colinsp 
#1 ·
Im making one domain running 1 or more websites. Do i need such things if im only making a simple html website featuring more than 2 or 3 sites with images and links? Are they necessary to have? I have no knowledge of these programs as i have simply ever used to run small free servers sites.

#2 ·
No, don't use WordPress. I have ran a test site named attractively 'No Hackers Here' built using default templates offered by GoDaddy and I was hacked in a month. Web site was totally disabled. WordPress is a known security problem but many people choose it because it is easy to use and can have many functionality added via 3rd party templates.

#3 ·
I disagree with @lunarlander Wordpress is no more insecure than any other CMS it is just the most popular and so is likely to have more hacking attempts just the same way that Windows has more virus's than Mac's. If you only have a handful of pages that don't need updating regularly then a CMS is not necessary for you, however if pages need updating regularly then seriously consider a CMS such as Wordpress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.