1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Do It Yourself website bans the wrong person

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by lexmarks567, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lexmarks567

lexmarks567 Thread Starter

well my ex forum did it again. this time they ban my friend flirty1 for spamming BUT SHE DID NOT DO IT. the person that spammed was link1 but they ban flirty1 one cause she reported the post i guess the mod can't tell the difference between the 2 usernames :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . she been sending them emails but no response and no unban :mad: :mad: :mad: shows you what kind of people run that place. and the host sharp advice is the one that hates everybody :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .

i have a blog on the forum is anyone is interested but contains lots of bad words

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

People make mistakes. At least in this forum, if you get banned or a thread is closed, you can send a note and explain your situation and point of view. The evidence will be evaluated as it is available.

If your friend is truly innocent, and the forum godfathers won't listen to reason, then it is just time to find a new forum.

3. lexmarks567

yep there bad there strict also. in the electircal forum there rule is if you replace a light switch or ceiling fan you have to update the wiring :eek: who does that im not ripping out the walls and ceilings to update the wiring just to replace a ceiling fan. then the yell at you if you don't. you have to do everything by the book.they say its required by code but who does it

4. n2gun

n2gun

I would be asking who's code. I worked as an electrician and NEVER ran into that in the code in two states. Also what is in the code in one state may not be in another state. its common sense to make sure existing wiring will handle the power requirements.

5. lexmarks567

well shes back for now she just found out that shes been unbanned

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!