1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Do they really want to "care about your privacy" ?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by oniro, Aug 5, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. oniro

oniro Thread Starter

First I am not sure if this is is the place for my question. Sorry if I am wrong.

Now days there is not web page you open not containing the tag "WE CARE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY". How can I be sure this tag is coming from the page originator and not from one of those companies fishing addresses and information on marketing trends, to be sold in a growing and thirsty market for personal data. I myself I have been looking on the web guidelines to BLOCK everything comming with the tag "WE CARE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY". Am I right or wrong ? Please some insight .....

Best,

Oniro

2. oniro

oniro Thread Starter

I am a little surprised there is no answer to my question....I submitted this question for the simple fact that there might be the possibility that by clicking YES to such a tags you are indeed being caught by one of those fishing data scoundrels because most of those tags are anonymous and there is not a responsible signature on them. At the end you don't know to what you are saying YES !!

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    Are these "Tags", pop ups or just a link within the web site?

All I have seen are links within the webpage.

4. Johnny-be-Good

Johnny-be-Good

First Name:
    John
    I only vaguely remember seeing something like that.

Some examples would be nice.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!