1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Do touchscreen devices have a touchscreen card???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cloglin1, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloglin1

cloglin1 Thread Starter

I recently acquired a HP Pavilion all in one pc but there seem to be problems with the touchscreen. It registered touches very intermittently, and not always where I touched. First thing I tried was to calibrate it. But it just wouldn't register certain touches in some of the places it wanted me to press. Nest i Reset everything to factory settings, still not working same probs. Installed all the latest drivers and updates, no joy. But one morning I did turn it on and it worked perfectly. For half a day and then it was up to its old tricks.
    Took it to a computer shop and they said it needed a new touchscreen card. Basically I want to know, do these touchscreen sort of devices have a piece of hardware, the card, specifically for touchscreen. or is he lying to me and its some software problem he could fix in ten minutes. He's quoting around £40for the card. And another £20-£30 for the labour. Any help would be much appreciated. If there is a card just for the touchscreen then I could believe him. But ive never heard of a card just for that. Any help would be so much appreciated. Had this around 3 weeks for my daughter to use the touchscreen as shes too young for mouse and keyboard, but she'd like a number of touchscreen games as she's very adept at using touchscreen on her tablet. Thanks and sorry for the long post.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
  2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1149233

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice