1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Do u think ATI X800 Pro or nVidia 6800 Ultra will be the fastest?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scmazter, Apr 27, 2004.

?

Which Do you think will be the fastest?

1. ATI X600 PRO

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. nVidia 6800 ULTRA

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scmazter

scmazter Thread Starter

Simple really. Some1 with a lota knowledge there, tell me what u think,
    Will ATI X800 PRO or nVidia 6800 ULTRA will be better?

nVidia recons itz goina be the fastest card for a long time, but ATI says itz X800 will beat it.

I recon 6800 will woop a... lol, itz goina have 240 (I think) million transistors and 512 DDR3 RAM. Yeh, I know...

2. BAM

BAM

offcorse ATIS will won the corporate Crminials at Nvidia like always i mean thier cards own thme now offcorse thier new cards will own them evne harder ..

3. scmazter

scmazter Thread Starter

Actually, a few years back, nVidia had the most powerful video cards by far, and ATI was seen as a low-budget card manufacturer.

And another thing, 9800XT and 5950 ULTRA are practically the same in peformance.

4. BAM

BAM

yes for some years ago Nvidia was the god...

5. Fastlane247

Fastlane247 It's My Birthday!

the new nvidia one will be Way better in my opinion ... nvidia has always been better (excepet the last line of the 5000fx series where they bombed bigtime.... ati really took the lead there... i even got the 9800pro.... but when the new cards come in i will be getting the nvidia one im sure

6. McTimson

McTimson

This poll is based purely on opinion, and serves no purpose whatsoever....the X800 has not been released yet, there's no possible way to decide which is better, except basing it on past experiences and personal preferences.

7. Fastlane247

Fastlane247 It's My Birthday!

true enough ..... but it is all in fun to see what everyone thinks of the 2 companies... i used to love nvidia but then the fx series just sucked then i got into ati but like you just said my "opinion" is nvidia is going to have a big comback.... but only time will tell who is best

8. dannyboyfx

dannyboyfx

toms hardware has done something about them, i dont think there are true benchmarks yet, but that wont take long. I hope for the sake of gamers, nvidia has gotten its act together. whenever there is competition, the consumer wins.

9. McTimson

McTimson

Well, like it's always been, they're both pretty much the same...the 6800 Ultra wins some tests, and the X800 XT wins others...either way, they're both great cards.

Design-wise, ATI's reference card beats nVidia's, as nVidia stuck with the massive cooler approach, and ATI kept the same heatsink and fan that was on the 9800's.....but card manufacturers will most definitely improve on these.

10. scmazter

scmazter Thread Starter

Hmmm. Looking at the benchmarks on some website, I think GF6 cards took out 60% of the tests.

Since the cards haven't been released yet, there is always some crazy **** the designers can do lol. But I think the fact that the GFs have the giant cooler is good. I mean it can't be bad? The gf5 range was crap, because they only started to experiment with the heatsink/fan but now, they proly made it much better.

Both cards will have 256 mbs of memory, but they'll proly make another GF6 model with 512 mbes. I think that might put it over the top, especially in anti-aliasing.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224231

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice