1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Do you have ActiveX enabled for Internet Explorer?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Gary King, Sep 20, 2004.

?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gary King

Gary King Thread Starter

2. mimo2005

mimo2005

xp sp1 or sp2 ? in sp1 its dangerous to have it enabled ,in sp2 microsoft resolved the problem .

3. Gary King

Gary King Thread Starter

Resolved the problerm in SP2? How so? I just installed SP2, but always had ActiveX on in SP1 anyways.

4. mimo2005

mimo2005

i was too ,always active x on in sp1 ,but some people (millions )got hammered (ssasser)with a weak real time protection (antivirus),anyway in sp2 they use something like authorized or signed active x .it seems like it s more secure than before .

5. TOGG

TOGG

No. I have IE locked down as tightly as possible and use Opera or Firefox instead.

6. Lightspeed

Lightspeed

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice