1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Do you have the need for speed?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Lance1, Feb 9, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. Lance1

Lance1 Thread Starter

Have you ever wanted to be in a formula 1 car pushing it to its top speed? Well watch out formula 1! Here comes the Bugatti Veyron, which will blow your spoiler off! Watch it hit its top speed of 253MPH!! Keep in mind, this is a production car. It’ll take your breath away…

If I had a spare $ 1,650,000 US I’d buy this car.

Bugatti Veyron

2. johnnyburst79

johnnyburst79

Um...this has been out for about a year now.

Want to see some good videos? Check out YouTube and search for "Top Gear Veyron" ;)

And really...nothing in this world tops Formula 1...

Oh, and to answer your question, yes I have a speed addiction, but recently I am thinking more along the lines of adrenaline junkie. Someone help :( hehe.

but...WOW...did that ever make me smile and I almost giggled. :D Thank you.

3. Trooper_fan

Trooper_fan

I have a need for a Bugatti Veyron!! I also have a need for a very large bank balance to run it but hey... a girl can dream! :D

4. Lance1

Lance1 Thread Starter

Yes you are right johnnyburst79, But! This has to do with Speed alone. Not racing. At 230MPH F1 is left in the dust! You have to admit that. And at 253MPH, F1 is goodbye!

5. teengeekgrrl

teengeekgrrl

Roller coasters are about as fast as I go. But I do love those :)

6. valis

valis Moderator

idiocy without 5 point harnesses. And incorrect about F1 too.

honda took a 750 hp car out to bonneville in full trim and still hit 400 kph. Give them 1000 hp and reduce trim and they would smoke the Veyron. Plus, the F1 car could take that corner at speed, whereas the Veyron could not.

Still, rather impressive. And complete lunacy without a 5 point harness.

7. cwolfe98

cwolfe98

Who does this guy in the video work for? A TV show? Are they hiring? :cool:

8. valis

valis Moderator

used to be.....some dude wiped out in the viper dragster trying to set a british land speed record, and they are now off the air....he survived, but anytime you enter a barrel roll at 300 mph, it's generally downhill from there.

9. johnnyburst79

johnnyburst79

You are partially correct Valis. Top Gear is the name of the show. One of their presenters was in an accident while driving a dragster and nearly died. That upcoming season was put on hold for the presenter to recover and he fully has. The show started airing again on January 28th.

10. Lance1

Lance1 Thread Starter

Bonneville? This is a production car valis, not a land speed vehicle. Incorrect about F1! In what aspect, Speed or racing? In speed the Bugatti Veyron comes out on top and blows the F1 away. Racing! The F1 is top gun. This post is about speed! Flat out! Show me a production car that will top 253MPH. That Is A challenge! To all that doubt.

11. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

Out of curiosity, where do they get that number? Radar gun or speedometer?

If it's a speedometer, they are known to be grossly inaccurate.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the 253 number came from the speedometer and that in fact there are several production cars faster(and , at the same time, cheaper) than that Bugatti. Actually, maybe it was the McLaren F1 production car that I read that about. Not sure which , anymore. After a while, all these "Fastest in the world" claims start to look pretty similar.

12. Trooper_fan

Trooper_fan

You're talking about Richard Hammond, one of the presenters of Top Gear!

Top Gear is very much back on our screens and so is 'Hamster' Hammond thankfully but it was very much tough and go for a while after the accident!

Richard Hammonds Accident

13. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

I watched his return to Top Gear down the staircase with scantily dressed ladies ...either side

he looked so embarrassed

I didnt realise that the crash happened on the 3rd run though.. he was very lucky

14. johnnyburst79

johnnyburst79

Bandit, watch the video ;)

15. BanditFlyer

BanditFlyer

I don't usually do that. 56k dialup.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542558

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice