Do you have the need for speed?

Lance1

Thread Starter
Joined
Aug 4, 2003
Messages
5,620
Have you ever wanted to be in a formula 1 car pushing it to its top speed? Well watch out formula 1! Here comes the Bugatti Veyron, which will blow your spoiler off! Watch it hit its top speed of 253MPH!! Keep in mind, this is a production car. It’ll take your breath away…

If I had a spare $ 1,650,000 US I’d buy this car.

Bugatti Veyron
 
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
4,560
Um...this has been out for about a year now.

Want to see some good videos? Check out YouTube and search for "Top Gear Veyron" ;)

And really...nothing in this world tops Formula 1...

Oh, and to answer your question, yes I have a speed addiction, but recently I am thinking more along the lines of adrenaline junkie. Someone help :( hehe.

but...WOW...did that ever make me smile and I almost giggled. :D Thank you.
 
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
800
I have a need for a Bugatti Veyron!! I also have a need for a very large bank balance to run it but hey... a girl can dream! :D
 

Lance1

Thread Starter
Joined
Aug 4, 2003
Messages
5,620
And really...nothing in this world tops Formula 1...
Yes you are right johnnyburst79, But! This has to do with Speed alone. Not racing. At 230MPH F1 is left in the dust! You have to admit that. And at 253MPH, F1 is goodbye!
 

valis

Moderator
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
78,021
idiocy without 5 point harnesses. And incorrect about F1 too.

honda took a 750 hp car out to bonneville in full trim and still hit 400 kph. Give them 1000 hp and reduce trim and they would smoke the Veyron. Plus, the F1 car could take that corner at speed, whereas the Veyron could not.

Still, rather impressive. And complete lunacy without a 5 point harness.
 

valis

Moderator
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
78,021
used to be.....some dude wiped out in the viper dragster trying to set a british land speed record, and they are now off the air....he survived, but anytime you enter a barrel roll at 300 mph, it's generally downhill from there.
 
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
4,560
You are partially correct Valis. Top Gear is the name of the show. One of their presenters was in an accident while driving a dragster and nearly died. That upcoming season was put on hold for the presenter to recover and he fully has. The show started airing again on January 28th.
 

Lance1

Thread Starter
Joined
Aug 4, 2003
Messages
5,620
honda took a 750 hp car out to bonneville in full trim and still hit 400 kph
Bonneville? This is a production car valis, not a land speed vehicle. Incorrect about F1! In what aspect, Speed or racing? In speed the Bugatti Veyron comes out on top and blows the F1 away. Racing! The F1 is top gun. This post is about speed! Flat out! Show me a production car that will top 253MPH. That Is A challenge! To all that doubt.
 
Joined
Oct 25, 2005
Messages
12,552
Lance1 said:
Bonneville? This is a production car valis, not a land speed vehicle. Incorrect about F1! In what aspect, Speed or racing? In speed the Bugatti Veyron comes out on top and blows the F1 away. Racing! The F1 is top gun. This post is about speed! Flat out! Show me a production car that will top 253MPH. That Is A challenge! To all that doubt.
Out of curiosity, where do they get that number? Radar gun or speedometer?

If it's a speedometer, they are known to be grossly inaccurate.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the 253 number came from the speedometer and that in fact there are several production cars faster(and , at the same time, cheaper) than that Bugatti. Actually, maybe it was the McLaren F1 production car that I read that about. Not sure which , anymore. After a while, all these "Fastest in the world" claims start to look pretty similar.
 
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
800
valis said:
used to be.....some dude wiped out in the viper dragster trying to set a british land speed record, and they are now off the air....he survived, but anytime you enter a barrel roll at 300 mph, it's generally downhill from there.
You're talking about Richard Hammond, one of the presenters of Top Gear!

Top Gear is very much back on our screens and so is 'Hamster' Hammond thankfully but it was very much tough and go for a while after the accident!

Richard Hammonds Accident
 
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
32,644
I watched his return to Top Gear down the staircase with scantily dressed ladies ...either side

he looked so embarrassed

I didnt realise that the crash happened on the 3rd run though.. he was very lucky
 
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
4,560
BanditFlyer said:
Out of curiosity, where do they get that number? Radar gun or speedometer?

If it's a speedometer, they are known to be grossly inaccurate.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the 253 number came from the speedometer and that in fact there are several production cars faster(and , at the same time, cheaper) than that Bugatti. Actually, maybe it was the McLaren F1 production car that I read that about. Not sure which , anymore. After a while, all these "Fastest in the world" claims start to look pretty similar.
Bandit, watch the video ;)
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

Top