1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Do you have to convert mp3s in order to burn to a playable cd?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by tarawyman, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tarawyman

tarawyman Thread Starter

I'm Kinda new to the whole "burning cd's thing. I just got a brand new computer and Roxio CD creator 5 came w/ it along w/ windows media player9. I used both to burn cds, and the cds I did burn play in portable cd plyes but not car stereos' even the newer ones. Also...what is the difference between CDR's and CDRW's. Is one better than the othe.....please help me I'm clueless!!!!!! Do I have to convert mp3s to wav or wma files in oreder for this to work ? I'm so confused someone help ::confused:

2. slipe

slipe

EZCD5 will convert MP3 to the CDA wave needed for a regular entertainment player. Just select “audio” from the opening wizard and pull the MP3s into the recording window. When you record it will convert them on the fly.

You need to close the CD or the session for a CD to play on an entertainment player. Since most entertainment players can see only the first session it is almost the same thing to close out the disk as to close out the session when recording audio.

Keep in mind that the MP3s are compressed. It will take maybe 8X the space for the CDA wave file as for the original MP3 files. So keep an eye on the space left on the CD in the recording software and pretty much fill it up since you want to close the CD.

If you burn the MP3s as data they will play only on the computer and special players that take CDs with MP3s. Most players can’t read them that way.

CDR is record once media. RW is erasable and re-recordable. RW has a much lower reflectivity and will often not play in entertainment players. If you watch the sales CDRs are almost free, so I don’t see much reason for RWs. Your packet writing software will even record to CDR and everything is much more secure on a packet written CDR than a packet written RW.

If you recorded as “audio” and the discs you made will not play in all of your players try a different brand of media. Fuji, Sony, Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim are usually reliable.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118432

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice