Do you think its wrong to use a wireless desktop mouse on a laptop?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yes/No, look at the pic. Notice the much larger receiver compared to USB dongle size. I mean does it totally defeat the purpose? Or I could forsay just use the mouse just for home and use the touchpad when im out?

Which is the best suited for laptops.

Wireless laptop mouse
Laptop mouse with pull out cord
Any

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Holly crap Fuzzy, do you ever think you'll make your own decision or will you always want someone to hold your hand and make your choices for you?

This is a question of personal preference. You could even have two different mice, one for home and one for on the road, or just use the touchpad. Hell if you even wanted too you could buy one of those big a$$ trackballs and take that with you if you so prefered.

FuzzyWuzzy

well i just want to make the right choice. If using a desktop wireless mouse iwth a larger receiver looks dumb on the desk, than I wont keep it. Just wondering if im defeating the purpose of portability and size. No need for 2 mice. The ONLY reason why i got this mouse is cuz of the scroll wheel its completely silient as it doesnt have those stupid clicks.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
If it looks dumb? Who cares.

Do you know how many people buy a laptop and then buy a full sized keyboard and mouse for it? And how many even buy an external monitor? Its so they are comfortable using it while at home.

The dumb thing would be to sacrifice ease of use for the sake of appearance.

FuzzyWuzzy

well dog, wouldnt most ppl think its stupid or be like "why do you have a laptop" if i carry around a desktop wireless mouse with the larger receiver?

The main reason I am not using a laptop mouse with a tiny USB receiver is because i have yet to find one that suits me.

Plus im sure you agree, ergonomic mice rock.

Wow! Are you guys still goin'? Solve the problem...learn Hot Keys! ;)
Seriously, go with whatever makes you happy - just don't change your mind later. (y)

FuzzyWuzzy

im still testing out the waters for the ergonomic mice (first one), and so far im finding it very comfortable. I always thought they were too big and clunky looking, but not this one. I think most people are going ergo now. Better for the hand and you cant get hand muscle cramps (forgot the name).

Then go with that one. And I think your talkin about R.S.I.
It doesn't matter what it looks like as long as your happy with how it feels for you...cos if you're not, then yur gonna hate using it!
Again...as Triple6 said...whatever makes you happy.

Which is the best suited for laptops.

Wireless laptop mouse
Laptop mouse with pull out cord
Soap on a Rope

This is going to get shifted again LD did you see the screen shot re Mac as Hardware ?

It's really all a matter of preference,
some people don't like those puny little notebook mice, me included! too hard to get a grip on...hehe

Just do what you like, who care's what most ppl think . (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online