1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Do you think that should I keep Sony Vegas?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Rshake20, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rshake20

Rshake20 Thread Starter

I plan on doing a lot of video editing this weekend. I make some video blogs for gamespot and I want to do at least 3 videos this weekend. I finally got Sony Vegas version 7 but I don't know how to use it.I had Windows Movie Maker but it crashed too many times and I was tired of it. I also installed the software that came with my webcam. It does basic editing. But do you think that I should keep Sony Vegas installed on my computer? I've been hearing that Sony Vegas is the best for video editing. Do you think that I should try Adobe Premiere?

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

I personally found Premiere Elements easier to use than Vegas but I think there will be a learning curve for all REAL video editors when compared to the more rudimentary video editing programs like WMM.

There is no "best" either. Its more like what do you specifically need and does that video editor do that better than the others or not. So I'm a Premiere Elements and Studio 11 user and Premiere allows for multiple video and audio track mixing a LOT better than Studio, BUT, Studio is unmatched when it comes to more complex clips where I want to make a bunch of clip edits. If I was looking for great stability, Premiere. If I was looking for high volume throughput of a lot of video, Studio, but I would definitely be sacrificing stability.

3. Rshake20

Rshake20 Thread Starter

I don't even know how to save to WMV. My friend told me that Sony Vegas is complicated but I plan on playing with it later on tonight. I'm going to keep Sony Vegas and I'm going to keep the software that came with my webcam.

4. SonoInc

SonoInc

There is a learning curve to all video editing software; personally I have used MAGIX movie editor, Sony Vegas, and Windows Movie Maker.

From all of those I found that Sony Vegas could to the most things, and it was more excessible than MAGIX (which could to similiar things, but not all)

Windows Movie Maker is a VERY SIMPLE editor, and is very easy to use. But if you have the full version of Vegas then I would highly recommend fooling around with it and getting used to it, once you have, you won't want to go back to Movie Maker.

You can use the tutorials that are given to you in the help section, they should get you moving along the right path.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646846

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice