Do You Understand The Charges On Your Phone Bill

Deke40

Understanding Your Phone Bill

I use SBC and they are the worst for adding something on your bill. I had a $2 charge on my bill a few months ago and called and found out they starting charging that amount for long distance whether you use their long distance or not. So I had it cancelled as I was using an AT&T calling card. The next month I got an offer with my bill for 200 minutes for $6 a month with a charge of 7 cents a minute over that amount. So I signed up for that.

On my next months bill I noticed they had cancelled my "call waiting" and called them to re-instate it. This months bill had a $5 charge for re-stating it. I decided to forget about it as they boombard you with their sales pitch for all their other offerings such as DSL which they try to tell you is way better than Road Runner's cable connection. My blood pressure goes off the chart while trying to get them to understand what the word "No" means.

So if you haven't looked at your phone bill lately it might be a good idea to study it carefully.

PS-I have a cell phone with mucho carry over minutes but my wife insists on having some form of long distance on the land line.

Deke40

Good Morning ST

I assume by your profile photo you served in the Navy.

I served from 58 to 61 in Iceland and on the USS Boxer out of Norfolk.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Did you notice that for each additional dollar charge there are extra percentage fees and taxes (and taxes on taxes) that raises each dollar charge to about $2 outa your pocket.

Last month - AT&T long distance tried to charge me $335 (after a ton of extra fees and taxes) for an overseas call we made from our Sams calling card (AT&T) that should have only cost us ~ $20. How's that for a scam ?

The sad part is that the state and federal governments aren't going to do anything about this since they profiting from the taxes on these scams.

Want to hear another good one ?
This week we got a notice from what appeared to be a collection agency that we didn't pay to subscribe to a magazine subscription that we don't want or get. Of course - It wasn't weasel worded this way.

Lets just ALL cancell our land lines on the same day, sit back and wait for the fall out. Maybe some of this BS would end. Keep me in the loop...........

Deke, why would wifey need a long-distance carrier ona land line when you have a cell phone? Cell's are all about long distance. I haven't had a land line in close to 5 years and have no regrets.:)

Deke40

Infidel_Kastro said:
Deke, why would wifey need a long-distance carrier ona land line when you have a cell phone? Cell's are all about long distance. I haven't had a land line in close to 5 years and have no regrets.:)
Because she has been my wife for over 43 years and somtimes it is eaiser to give in than be in the dog house.:D

I will have to admit I like having the speakerphone right by me when I am on the pc and I just bought a new Pansonic 5571 expandable phone with all the whistles and bells.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online