1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Do you want to disconnect dialog

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Tarq, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tarq

Tarq Thread Starter

When I first had the Internet IE would ask me whether I wanted to disconnect when I closed. This was helpful as I often leave my line tied up when I'm actually not even using the net. How can I turn this feature back on? I have searched the Microsoft KB but theres not a solutions listed for Windows XP Home Edition and Internet Explorer 6. Any ideas

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;153965

2. RandyG

RandyG

It should have no bearing on what version Operating System, only which version IE you have.

In IE6, go to Tools, Internet Options, Connection tab, then click on whichever connection route you use, and click on Settings.

Near bottom of next window, in Dial-up Settings, click on Advanced

the last option on this window is Disconnect when connection may no longer be needed make sure you have a tick in this box.

Click Ok till you close all menu windows.

That should do it.

3. Tarq

Tarq Thread Starter

I can't find Dialup Settings my ISP uses Microsoft Connection Manager Software to dialup. I have attached an image of the screen I get when I click Settings on the Connection tab.

Attached Files:

4. yul

yul

a silly thought... but r u using dialup or dsl or.....?

5. Tarq

Tarq Thread Starter

dialup

6. RandyG

RandyG

On the connections tab, do you have more than one choice for how to connect?

The reason I ask, is that you have to dial something, and it is in the advanced setting of your dialup account that you make that change.

7. Tarq

Tarq Thread Starter

If you mean where is the numbers that I dial then I click Properties in the Dial Up Settings area of the blueyonder connection manager dialog box attached above. This will result in the dialog below.

Attached Files:

8. RandyG

RandyG

well, i don;t know how you can do it with the Blueyonder proxy dealie that you have. You need to get in that advanced section, but it is not allowing you to, cause you have the dialup account configured as a Proxy network, which is probably the way that Blueyonder work.

Sorry.

9. Tarq

Tarq Thread Starter

It worked b4

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!