1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Doc could not be registered?????

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Wild_Muppet, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wild_Muppet

Wild_Muppet Thread Starter

One an XP PC with Office XP i get this error when trying to save.

"This document could not be registered. it will not be possible to create links from other documents to this document."

Any Ideas?

Ran a virus check and nothing found.

2. poolio

poolio

Hi,

I had this problem and solved it by making a change to the registry - please see below.

*** PLEASE NOTE: I take no responsibility for any problems you may experience as a result of amending your registry in this way. Your own registry may differ from mine depending on your configuration. You should ALWAYS, ALWAYS back up your registry before making any changes***

This is what I did:

Delete the entire key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Word\Data

The problem (in my case) was being caused by a corruption in this key. After it is deleted, it will be recreated automatically the next time you open Word, and the problem should no longer occur.

Good luck!!

Ant

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice