Doc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FishFun

How do I transfer (move) a program that I downloaded from the Net from my OLD computer to my NEW computer. A couple of programs are no longer available ANYWHERE on the net or otherwise.

FishFun

I am still trying to learn how to navigate around this forum. I'll eventually get it. ha. Thanks for your reply. I am about to buy a new computer but have held off because I have a couple of programs that are out of print so to speak. I need to transfer these programs to the new computer so I can continue to use them. Any suggestions?

FishFun

My wife is calling me to dinner so I will be gone for awhile. Thanks to anyone that can give me some advice. I will check back in later. Thanks in advance.

Well you'll need some kind portable device like flash drives or portable hard drives, you can plug in the usb, put the files from the old computer, then connect the usb to the new computer and put the files there.

You can not transfer an installed program from one computer to another, you will need to reinstall.

If you have the original download, you can copy it to a CD, DVD or flash drive and then copy it to the new PC.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online