1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Doc

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by FishFun, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FishFun

FishFun Thread Starter

How do I transfer (move) a program that I downloaded from the Net from my OLD computer to my NEW computer. A couple of programs are no longer available ANYWHERE on the net or otherwise.

2. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

A little more detail will be helpful.

3. FishFun

FishFun Thread Starter

I am still trying to learn how to navigate around this forum. I'll eventually get it. ha. Thanks for your reply. I am about to buy a new computer but have held off because I have a couple of programs that are out of print so to speak. I need to transfer these programs to the new computer so I can continue to use them. Any suggestions?

4. FishFun

FishFun Thread Starter

My wife is calling me to dinner so I will be gone for awhile. Thanks to anyone that can give me some advice. I will check back in later. Thanks in advance.

5. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Well you'll need some kind portable device like flash drives or portable hard drives, you can plug in the usb, put the files from the old computer, then connect the usb to the new computer and put the files there.

6. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

You can not transfer an installed program from one computer to another, you will need to reinstall.

7. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Oh yeah, I forgot about it ;)

8. deubanks

deubanks

If you have the original download, you can copy it to a CD, DVD or flash drive and then copy it to the new PC.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643927

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice