1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

DocketPort 485 Scanner driver for Windows 10

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LGHO, Apr 20, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. LGHO

LGHO Thread Starter

I have been using a DocketPort 485 double-sided check scanner on Windows 7 for many years. Soon I will need to operate it on Windows 10. The driver won't work on 10 and the company's only recommendation was to purchase a new scanner from them! Is there any way I can get this to operate on Windows 10?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    According to the DocketPORT support site, the DocketPORT 485 is a legacy model and has drivers only for Windows XP and Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Unless Windows 10 has a built-in generic driver for that scanner (which I doubt because of its age), you're probably out of luck.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  3. LGHO

LGHO Thread Starter

Thanks! Yes, that is my conclusion.

I know the drill -- throw a fine piece of machinery in the garbage; buy new "improved" piece of machinery -- repeat periodically.

I once had the same thing happen to a great HP scanner, did everything including slides and negatives. Had to trash it too.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I've been fortunate with all of the HP Deskjet all-in-one printers that I use.
    HP provides a driver software package for all of them for Windows XP through Windows 10.
    I stopped using stand-alone HP printers and scanners a long time ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226056

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice