1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Docking station won't charge laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by terrila, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. terrila

terrila Thread Starter

My HP Quickdock station is not charging my laptop and I've had to connect the AC adapter to the laptop since the battery went down to 40% yesterday. Is there a fix short of replacing it? I run a small business and can't afford to have these issues!

2. Robsy128

Robsy128

If I were you, I would take it back. If it's plugged in properly and not charging, I'd say it's a hardware fault with the actual HP quickbook station.

3. terrila

terrila Thread Starter

I can't, the unit is about 3 or 4 years old. But judging from the search engine responses I've seen, it's a common problem, even with new units, and I've yet to see a solution.

4. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    It sounds like you got good use out of it if you have had it for 3 to 4 years. Try buying a new docking station and see if it works for you, if not, take it back. Things wear out you know, some sooner than others.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089637

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice