1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Docking station won't charge laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Servant1975, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Servant1975

Servant1975 Thread Starter

I have a HP Compaq 6510b laptop attached to a HP docking station with Dual-link DVI (product # EN488AA, S/N CNU830Y0NH). The laptop power adapter quit ages ago, the docking station adapter (HP part # 384023-001) will fit both laptop and docking station.

I was trying to identify the old adapter and briefly plugged it into the laptop while the laptop was attached to the docking station. There was no power to the old adapter. The laptop switched to battery power and will not charge on the docking station. I can plug the adapter into the laptop and it will charge and run off the adapter. The problem is my network connections do not work through the docking station if it is not plugged in. Do I need a new docking station or is there an easier fix?

2. Servant1975

Servant1975 Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/883806

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice