1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Document viewer msi for vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ch1, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ch1

ch1 Thread Starter

Every time i open a file i get a message saying that can't open the document viewer . i click close and everything is find . So what is this error that i keeping getting and how to fix it. I am running windows vista home prem, and i have a lexmark all in one printer 8300 thanks.

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Is this for all file types? Programs, Graphics, Word Documents, Excel Spreadsheets etc?

3. ch1

ch1 Thread Starter

It only happen when i go to my docurment folders i just put my curcer over the folder and it pop's up. Only when i want to open files like a docurment .

4. downtime

downtime

5. ch1

ch1 Thread Starter

No i do not know if the windows vista home prem. has office or not i have never tried to use it .It just comes up when i put my curcer over the folder that is an error messange about it can not find the docurment viewer msi. Does thas have to do with any printing solfware that might be conflicting with the folder when trying to open
    Thanks

6. downtime

downtime

If you don't have Microsoft Office installed, you won't be able to open a .doc file. If you don't have office, Open Office is a good alternative, and so far runs well on Vista. http://download.openoffice.org/2.1.0/index.html
    Once you install it, open Open Office Writer, go to tools, options, click the + sign in front of load/save, click on general, and for document type, choose Microsoft Word 97/2000/xp. Apply. That way any documents you create and send to anyone can be opened in MS Office.

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Since the error appears when you simply hover over documents, it sounds like a problem with the OS itself. Is there a repair option when you boot from the Windows Vista disk?

EDIT: I suggest not downloading or installing any applications at this point. You should not need any version of Microsoft Office or any word processing or spreadsheet application installed in order to hover over folders or icons.

8. downtime

downtime

9. ch1

ch1 Thread Starter

It said that it was hp/docurment veiwer that was causing the problem. I have a lexmark printer 8300 so i was thinking that i need to go into control panel and remove it , that is the hp printers and assoc. for hp printer solfware .

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544425

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice