Documents always try to automatically print.. cant get them to stop.. Help!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

blacksun7

Update: I sort of fixed this though it keeps reverting back on its own.. In the folder options I went to file types, the .doc extension, advanced and then deleted every action, which seemed to do the trick, except every now and then it magickally adds open again and the problem starts over.. and I don't know what to add to get it to stop and still have no idea why that makes it go to the printer, but oh well.. I had Word which I uninstalled because I like the simplicity of wordpad better, so that could have something to do with it.. I need to toy a little more, but basically have it fixed or almost fixed, unless anyone has any quick pointers to throw in.. =)
-----

I have a problem.. every time I try to open any document that opens with Wordpad it opens for a second, goes straight to the printer and tries to print automatically (only thing that stops it is the print preview where I cancel), and then closes, making it impossible for me to view the document (not to mention it tries to print everytime).

I can open Wordpad and then open documents that way through the program and everything is fine, but if I try to open any other way the documents themselves without opening from inside Wordpad, it doesn't work and just tries to go directly to the printer.. What the heck is going on?? I've tried searching online, but this doesn't seem to be a common problem as I can't find help about it anywhere. Help please.. I have no idea why it started doing this and nothing I try to do seems to stop it..

Btw, I've tried messing around with file associations, tried resetting them to default, etc. etc.. as well as looking in the printing settings for anything off, but that didn't help any and I'm pretty much at a loss what else to do or why it is doing this..

Good question, blacksun7. Unfortunately I don't have an answer. This is an automatic "bump" for you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online