1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Documents and Settings? User names? just a few questions :)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by logik927, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. logik927

logik927 Thread Starter

Alrite, ive got an emachines notebook running xp home on it. We bought it from best buy, and i guess they registered the computer to a 'valued customer' and its really annoying. Idk how the user name stuff works, but i think a while ago (not 100% positive cuz it was like 2 years ago) when we first got the computer i changed the admin 'valued customer' name to my name. but the 'my documents' folder defaulted to 'c:/documents and settings/valued customer' still. i fixed it by making a folder on c: with my name and made that folder the target location for the My Documents folder. but i was just wondering if there was any way to get rid of that dumb 'c:/documents and settings/valued customer' folder (every time i delete it it comes back) and if there was any way that i could change the computer from being registered to valued customer to me. thanks for the help in advance guys (y)

2. Blitze105

Blitze105

You'd have to make a new account. Then get on the admin account, change the new account to admin, then get on the new admin account and delete the 'valued customer.'
    That should work...

Experience: so so, still learning (i like that)
    -blitze

3. Chicon

Chicon

Hi logik927,

With the User manager (via Control Panel), you should first delete the 'Valid User' account before erasing its folder. Otherwise, it will come back.

4. Blitze105

Blitze105

You can't delete the admin account.... my reasoning for making a new admin account....
    -blitze

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/389788

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice