Documents folder - OneDrive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

2Mala2

Hi.

Is the folder named "documents" in OneDrive the actual documents folder on my computer or is it just a normal folder?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Couriant

James
I believe it's the actual documents folder on your computer that is synced to OneDrive.

Couriant

James
Unless you created a folder called Documents in OneDrive it should be the same. Do you have a blue check next to the Documents on your desktop or in File Explorer?

2Mala2

Unless you created a folder called Documents in OneDrive it should be the same. Do you have a blue check next to the Documents on your desktop or in File Explorer?
Thank you for the reply:) I have green check marks next to my documents in my OneDrive folder (I don't know if that is the same thing), but I don't have a green check next to the documents folder in File Explorer.

The documents folder on my Mac does not contain the same files as the folder on OneDrive. Does that mean the connection has been broken? Some time ago, I dragged the documents folder from one OneDrive account to another and renamed the documents folder on the new account afterward (since I did not know it was the documents folder from my computer). Do you know if that could have broken the connection between the folder on OneDrive and the folder on my computer?

Couriant

James
You should have an icon like this on your computer, bottom right:

1614878715432.png

If it's not blue, then you are not signed in/syncing. Check this icon for errors. If you do not have an icon at all, then OneDrive is not turned on, or installed but I assume you do have it as you mentioned that the files have check marks. I suspect then Documents in File Explorer is not being synced.

2Mala2

You should have an icon like this on your computer, bottom right:

View attachment 285872

If it's not blue, then you are not signed in/syncing. Check this icon for errors. If you do not have an icon at all, then OneDrive is not turned on, or installed but I assume you do have it as you mentioned that the files have check marks. I suspect then Documents in File Explorer is not being synced.
Thank you for the reply. Since I have a Mac, my icon is black. When I click on it, it says that everything is updated, so I assume it is syncing. I think the documents folder is the only folder, that is not being synced (as mentioned, I might have accidentally broken the synchronization to this folder). Is it important that the documents folder on OneDrive and the documents folder on my computer are syncing, or should I just let it be?

Couriant

James
If you need them to be backed up, I would suggest syncing that folder. I haven't used OneDrive on a Mac but I assume right clicking on the folder and there should be an option to sync it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online