does 20 pin PSU work with 24 pin mobo?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

boweldi

I bought an Antec TRUE430 ATX 430W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, TUV, CB, VDE, FCC CLASS B, DEMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO - Retail

and i bought a EPoX EP-9NPA+Ultra Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

my PSU has a 20 pin connector and my motherboard has a 24 pin connector i was wondering if the 20 pin can be plugged into the 24 pin and work properly>???

thanks

Yes. Just do yourself the favour, and read the manual very, very carefully. There is a special four pin connector that must be plugged in properly. You could potentially ruin your computer in a spectacular light show. Please, read the manual.

boweldi

what? you mean the other power supply connector to the mobo? the 2 cables right? there the 20 pin and the 4 pin and the4 pin is in a sqaure form

Yeah. Make sure you install them the right way. The motherboard manual should tell you all you need to know.

boweldi

what other way is there its a 4 pin connector when i put it in it make a snap noise like it locked in

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online