1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Does a Broken Antenna Stop my Wireless Router from Working?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jbraunfeld, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jbraunfeld

jbraunfeld Thread Starter

Hi. After a recent move, my netgear wireless print server/router fell and the antenna broke. I finally have my desktop connection running, as well as my vonage router; however, my old wireless network remains undetectable. Does the broken antenna have anything to do with it? I would grealy appreciate any suggestions.
    Thanks,
    Josh

2. imidiot

imidiot

get a new router maybe or see if the old one can be repaired. cant do much good with a broken antenna.

3. jbraunfeld

jbraunfeld Thread Starter

OK, thanks. A quick follow-up question. The wire from the Linksys router should go into the Internet port on the Netgear, right (as opposed to one of the Locals)?

Thanks

4. imidiot

imidiot

have no idea about that...sorry.

was pretty easy to figure out the broken antenna bit. maybe someone else has an idea about the other.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/496586