1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Does A4Tech battery free wireless optical mouse's pad emit dangerous radiation??!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Apit, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Apit

Apit Thread Starter

i just bought a A4 Tech battery free wireless optical mouse...the package included a wireless battery free optical mouse,mouse pad,user's guide.....the guide says dat the mouse pad should be atleast 20cm away from the monitor...i just notice why..when it's close to the monitor,the screen will kinda get full of lines dat vibrates...even when it's more than 20cm away, the lines r still there but less noticeable...so its kinda annoying and i just wanna know whether it's dangerous to my monitor and me..is it radiation or what??should i change my mouse again?should i worry?...plz reply ASAP

2. Arcadion

Arcadion

It's an electromagnetic field, which will interfere with the electromagnetic field inside the monitor. It's not dangerous. You get the same effect by putting two monitors next to each other.

3. obvious

obvious

He means CRT monitors (the old type "desk-filler" monitors). as far as i know, tft and lcd panels (the thin ones) produce so little magnetism that it's nigh-on non existant!

electromagnetic fields can also faff about with the speakers too, and any heartmonitors in hospitalsetc. or your pacemaker!

be careful.

4. Apit

Apit Thread Starter

be careful???bout what??....will it screw up my monitor??

5. griffinspc

griffinspc

The only concern I'd have would be it's practicality. If it's interfering with any shielded modern monitor then it may be a dud no matter what. The principle sounds fishy but I've never seen one. I just googled it. Constant USB power running to the pad. A drain on your power supply. It also follows that unlike a standard wireless mouse you won't be able to use it unless it's on the pad so you might as well have a wire.

I'd be interested in the effect the pad may have on a flash drive or other storage media before the monitor itself. It just seems like a poor design. A good battery powered wireless mouse is reliable and poses no interference threat.

6. Apit

Apit Thread Starter

i think dat a mouse with a wire could easily get tangled up..but if the pad dat has the wire,it doesnt really matter coz it stays stationary and the wireless mouse moves freely..but the thing is now..im worried that it would screw up monitor or other stuff in my cpu..and like u said drain my power supply...

7. griffinspc

griffinspc

Well we all used "wired" mice for years (in computer years about a hundred) and the tangle issue wasn't a real concern. I only moved to a wireless because I was having trouble with my wrist and needed to be able to rearrange my mouse position therefore put the strain on another area of my wrist. It worked and the cortisone injections have stopped. Knock on wood.

The problem with that design that I see is that it can't move so either way you're tethered to one spot whereas I can move a foot back or six inches sideways, whatever. I can keep my mouse on my main desktop and if mail comes in I can just click and open it without shifting around to my computer desk to open and read it. There's a limit of course in feet from the receptor but I'd never get there in normal use. I guess if it were me, and I could afford to write that one you have off as a learning experience, I'd get another mouse. That ends the concerns for the monitor, other peripherals and your power drain as well as free you up and be really "wireless".

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/350133

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice