1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Does ANYONE know how this customization was done? and how it can be undone?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by neurtic, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. neurtic

neurtic Thread Starter

I'm looking for information on how the following customization was done.

the below photo shows a window with customized trim paneling on the left side...

While I currently enjoy the nVidia influenced version of Windows 7... I absolutely loathe the styling.

Can ANYONE please tell me how these trim customizations were done so that I can undo them?

[​IMG]

and the start menu (which is barely legible)
    [​IMG]

While I can appreciate the utilitarian aspects of this modified OS...
    its decorators had obnoxious taste

Please someone help me understand how these trim customizations/mods were done.

2. huggie54

huggie54

hiya,first i would look in "progams and features" anything to do with wallpaper/themes,uninstalll but check first it is ok

3. neurtic

neurtic Thread Starter

These customizations aren't actually a theme...
    Im using a version of Windows 7 that was pre-customized prior to install...

There's a subsect of overconfident people out there(that fancy themselves hackers) that use a combo of homemade and existing utilities to customize versions of windows for performance and aesthetics to the point that they're a different OS altogether before you even install it.

whatever the modification is... it wasn't done by installing a program... it was modified using either the registry, God mode, or by truly writing into the Windows code.
    this is the appearance imediately after a fresh Windows install with no programs added.

Any ideas?

4. EpicNetworkGroup

EpicNetworkGroup

Pretty sure your aero.msstyles file has been played with. I looked in to this a while back and there was a program called "restorator" where you can play with the Win7 default background images and icons. If I remember right you can just replace the modified file with a default one somehow.

Sorry I couldn't help much more than that...

Mike

5. Lance1

Lance1

Where did you obtain this version of Windows 7? This is just a guess, Torrent?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086710

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice