Does anyone know what .HST files are?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

theMusicMan

Hiya All

I see a .hst file on my machine and am wondering what this extension is ? Does anyone know?

Thanks

john

.hst

Netscape history file
Symantec AV live update file
Corel QC file
Image Alchemy file
Procomm Plus history file
Yahoo Messenger file

To name but a few. Any strike a chord with programs installed?

theMusicMan

Hi - just spotted this, in the 'type' column, it has an entry as 'refletion for host trace'.

Try right clicking and go into properties and see what that reveals.
You might also like to look
here for some additional assistance

roy66

Can someone tell me how to read a stored im from messenger thats in a HST file? what program read this type file? thank you

Try right clicking it and Open with... Notepad. Notepad can open alot of files. It's worth a shot.

i will try to open it ...now if it is assoc with adobe how do i disassoc it? all it will go to now is adobe...thankz in advance !;)

Right click on the file in Windows Explorer

Select "Open With" (you may need to hold down the shift key when right clicking)

Select Notepad (or whatever you want to use)
Tick the selection "always use this....." to re-associate the file.

thanks kiwi,im at work now so ill try that tonight ,as i remeber it only said open ....not open with like most but maybe i was not seeing correctly so ill try again thanks so much :)

I can use notepad to open it and if it is to big for notepad then use wordpad.

What hst file are you trying to open?

Maybe try IE or netscape to open it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts