does anyone suggest actually getting vista??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
ikiscompisbroken said:
does anyone suggest actually getting vista??
i really don't think you are ever going to get a straight answer to that question. A lot of things are involved and people really have different opinions on that. I'll try to summarize but you can read about Vista under MS website if you want detailed info.

I would say, it depends on what you want...

- if you are a fan of new tech :cool:
- if you love groovy visuals and 3D graphics :cool:
- if you like to take risk and are willing to spend extra time discovering! :eek:

Then get vista, Graphics are cool, lot of imbeded tools for multimedia, communication, sharing, graphics, security and I can definitely say it can help you do things a lot faster than XP once you get used to it. you might though run into instability problems, system freeze, incompatible software, administrative restrictions, and sometimes just annoying bugs. most are solvable and have workarounds and will eliminate by time but as I said, you should be willing to spend time to discover. If so... Vista is coooool:cool: that's my personal opinion and I love it (y) (y)

On the other hand, if you are comfortable with XP and don't really like to go through lot of changes and don't have a SPECIFICneed for Vista... stick with XP and wait for a while till all the vista problems are solved. I'm sure MS Service Packs should solve most of the problems we all know the same happened when XP was first introduced.

As for your computer specs, I think it's good. My PC is 1.8 GHz and 1 GB RAM, my Vista base score is 2 (runs Vista with good performance) I believe yours will have score 3 or 4 :rolleyes: which should run Vista with high graphic performance.

Hope this gives you a basic idea

ikiscompisbroken said:
please tell me i want to sort my comp out
It depends what you are asking here. if you mean would we suggest you upgrade your system to Vista, I would say know unless you have very new hardware. If you mean should you buy a new pc with Vista on it, well in most cases you have to and I would welcome it on a new pc, it will run just fine.

ikiscompisbroken

well i have a pc new this year with the ati hd 2600 xt graph card 3.33 ghz processor...and a rubbish hd (only 80g) but i dont know if i really want to buy the upgrade stuff for it its not really worth £200 to me...however im looking into getting a windows vista laptop...would like to be able to sync hard drives so that my desktop has same stuff as laptop...without the rubbish viruses cocking it up atm (any suggestions on that would help i know its off topic) i think i will get a vista pc as it does look fairly good

To ikiscompisbroken

This one of my posts to another member on another thread, but I think it is relevant to your question;

"To MercZire,
I have upgraded to vista (long story) and just to tell you, that if you have a macho-enough graphics card and processor, then Dx10 is all its cracked up to be. Its well worth upgrading. Many people say there are too many problems with vista, but in my view, any faults vista has are far outwieghed by the stunning effects of Dx10. When you make the journey to Vista, its worth trying out 'World in Conflict' and 'Company of Heroes', both of which are high calibre Dx10 games with awesome visuals. I personally cannot wait for the upcomming 'Crysis'! (16/11/07)"

To ikiscompisbroken,

Vista is well worth the upgrade!

Gormless_Git

By the way...

VISTA + LAPTOPS = :(

Vista is ok on laptops, but is liable to run slower and some of the effect (like aero glass) will run slower or might not function due to limited graphics capability on laptops.

I would strongly recomend an investment in desktop PC components to 'beef up' your current PC if you seriously are considering uprgrading to Vista - particularly if you want to enjoy Games and Dx10.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
We are running Vista on two Sony VAIOs and they run just fine. Just don't try and run any fancy games.
Since you did NOT state what you will be using it for, we do not know what to say.

Make sure that you get Home Premium or better, 2 Gigs of ram, WiFi, NIC, DVD burner, and a phone modem (you never know when you might need it).

i have windows vista 32 bit version it came with my new dell inspiron 531s computer which is the latest on the market(2mo.) i absolutely love vista the sidebar is my favorite part even though im now hearing that u can get it on xp. but i would pick vista over xp anyday. (just my opinion) microsoft does have a few bugs it still needs to work out with internet explorer cause mine stops working sometimes and resets. ive contacted microsoft they say they are workin on it. other then that i have no complaints, one thing u need too is that not all programs are compatible wit vista either. i had to go online to get the patches for my software for my mp3 player and digital camera which both are less than 4 months old and the cd's that came wit them are only for xp

ikiscompisbroken

well here are the revised specs of my laptopas of three days ago...it came with vista 3.33ghz processor(not sure what) 256 mb graphics card not sure what either and a 320gb hdd its got wireless broadband dual dvd burner (+blueray preorder!!!) and 3 gigs of ram all for roughly £550 as i did go out and buy a few parts like extra ram and the blue ray dvd drive preorder

ikiscompisbroken

thanks for all the tips guys i looked at them all and decided i may as well just go for it i havent had a problem yet fingers crossed for the future and youll probably hear from me next week complaining about some form of problem or another although so far i love vista...especially the fancy games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts