1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Does anyone think they need a new cable type for the newest audio connectors?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by StumpedTechy, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy Thread Starter

Well I just looked at some new sound cards today and I have to say -

[RANT]OMFG how many more audio 3.5 mini-jacks will I have to plug into the back of my PC?

I say they take some other connector type and make it so all audio goes through 1 cable. Heck they can even overload the cable with a few extra not currently used lines for "future upgradability".

What are your thoughts on changing the hardware setup to something a little simpler -

BTW I am the same guy who loves HDMI inputs over the standard 5 plug High Definition inputs on my TV.

What are we living in the dark ages we can't come up with SIMPLE connectors that function well?[/RANT]

Whew now that I got that off my chest I'll sleep better. Am I the only one who thinks theres just a few too many plugs when it comes to audio?

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Ha, I have RCA jacks running all over the place at my TV.
    Dreamcast, Gamecube, XBOX, DVD player, Linux Box, 5.1 surround sound, digital cable. Those all cross through my TV somehow on RCA, then I have all the CAT5, coax and whatever other wires I can find! Don't mind though, they worh better then the RF modulators.

3. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy Thread Starter

Yeah I'm not asking to go wireless on anything I just wish they made the interfaces a little less (manual). The funny thing is though it netted me 50$ just to show up and hook up some wires because the lady that bought them got confused... I guess I should not be so mad about it but I have always thought they should keep connectivity plugs as simple as possible... Hence why I love USB and PS/2, I like Ethernet okay, don't like serial and parallel and VGA as much as ethernet, can't stand TV component and NOW AUDIO hookups.

4. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Well what I hate is that everything that comes out looks the same. I know I keeep up with technology better then most, but when you have RCA, composite, digital Coax, Fiber Optic Audio, and they all look almost identical! Thats not good, I can only imagine the what it must be like for the guy who remembers who bought the first TV on his block, and now he has 20+ cords in the back of his TV and Amp.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/409214

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice