1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Does Avast just hate the BBC or is there really a problem?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by jscb1, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jscb1

jscb1 Thread Starter

I have a Windows 8.1 Toshiba laptop and bought Avast Internet Security a few months ago. It's recently started telling me it caught an infection on a webpage, which it describes as

https://185.22.60.101:443/safebrowsing-lookup-domain.html?domain=www.bbc.co.uk

This only seems to happen with Opera browser (I have IE for all those pages that don't work properly with Opera) and when I go to BBC News. I know BBC News has just revamped its website (badly) to suit prepubescent ,I mean tablet users,so maybe this is what it doesn't like.

Is it picking up something genuine, is it a false positive or is Avast owned by Rupert Murdoch or Lord Rethermere? It seems to be peculiar to Opera, somaybe it and the new BBC site don't like each other.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!