Does Dell come with a Recovery Cd???

You mean like a windows reinstall disk? Mine did. As well as all the other startup disks.

Problems?

Yes they have a recovery disk that restores it to the way it was shipped to you. Also some or the one I worked on had a windows CD also that I used to just install windows. Then I had to get the drivers off another CD. Call Dell and they will help you out for free.

Neither of the two Dells that I own have a "recovery" CD as such. (Dimensions 8300 and Inspiron 1150).

Instead they come with a Microsoft OEM system CD (much better in my opinion, as it allows you to reinstall the operating system without wiping the whole drive) and a "applications CD" which contains drivers for installled applications. I've never had to use either. In addition, Dell usually includes the installation software CDs for any 3rd party software that comes with their systems.

Rollin' Rog said:
I've never had to use either.
You guys that NEVER screw your systems up enough to be forced to reinstall make me Ill.:)

I always end up doing something incredibly stupid to mine and have to drag out the dreaded "DISK".

I have learned to keep backups. I have also learned how to do a repair so ya'll don't make me as ill as you used to.:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online