1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Does Dell come with a Recovery Cd???

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by antonio2090, Sep 4, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. antonio2090

antonio2090 Thread Starter

Does Dell come with a Recovery Cd??? :confused:

2. lisaa7002

lisaa7002

You mean like a windows reinstall disk? Mine did. As well as all the other startup disks.

Problems?

3. hewee

hewee

Yes they have a recovery disk that restores it to the way it was shipped to you. Also some or the one I worked on had a windows CD also that I used to just install windows. Then I had to get the drivers off another CD. Call Dell and they will help you out for free.

4. antonio2090

antonio2090 Thread Starter

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Neither of the two Dells that I own have a "recovery" CD as such. (Dimensions 8300 and Inspiron 1150).

Instead they come with a Microsoft OEM system CD (much better in my opinion, as it allows you to reinstall the operating system without wiping the whole drive) and a "applications CD" which contains drivers for installled applications. I've never had to use either. In addition, Dell usually includes the installation software CDs for any 3rd party software that comes with their systems.

6. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

You guys that NEVER screw your systems up enough to be forced to reinstall make me Ill.:)

I always end up doing something incredibly stupid to mine and have to drag out the dreaded "DISK".

I have learned to keep backups. I have also learned how to do a repair so ya'll don't make me as ill as you used to.:p

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270242

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice