1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Does it look "professional?"

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Ciller, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ciller

Ciller Thread Starter

Hey everybody, first post! I've seen a few of these threads asking if their website is good, but they all seem to be closed now, so I thought I'd just make one more for my greedy self:). So please, take a look, and tell me if I'm just insecure. The information on the website is kind of private, so I just put some lorem ipsum in there and took a picture of the top. There isn't really much your missing, the bottom is just more lorem ipsum paragraphs. It is a website for a boy scout troop, so it doesn't have to be perfect and absolutely beautiful, but I'd love to learn anyway I could improve it, even if you ask me to do something extremely minor. What do I mean by extremely minor? If I showed you the code and missed a place where I should put a space type of minor. So, Let me know what you think!

-Ciller

P.S. Don't obsess over what the missing tab was, it was just Gmail... What did you think it was?:D
    P.S.S. Not sure if the attachment adding thing worked, so I'll put a link here

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi,
    It's a bit difficult to tell just from a screenshot.
    However, does the Scouts Association offer any templates or support? I'm thinking particularly in relation to data protection and website security.

Just a thought.

Richard

3. dukevyner

dukevyner

as far as looks.. i'd try to learn a little css and maybe change the colors of links with a:link and a:hover and what not or even use images for your navigation cause.... well it looks a little 1995... but i have to also agree with richards ^ i'd look into some templates from the scouts and if the data is "kind of private" data protection and security is kinda important...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025311

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice