1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Does my AT&T DSL modem have bulit in WI-FI?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by allprincess, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. allprincess

allprincess Thread Starter

I have an AT&T DSL modem connected to my desktop computer. I just bought a Kindle Fire HD and I need to get it hooked up with WI-FI. Do I need to buy a separate router to have WI-FI or doe my modem already have it?

2. valis

valis Moderator

howdy, and welcome to TSG. :)

Can you post the make/model of the modem? Chances are you will need to buy a wireless router, but we want to make sure first.

3. allprincess

I will do my best...I threw out the box it came in after I bought it!I got it from Best Buy in 2009 and it is an AT&T Motorola. There is nothing telling me the make, only a style on the bottom MSTATEA. Hope this helps alittle.

4. valis

valis Moderator

5. allprincess

Yes, that is it! Ok, I will go get me a router so I can start enjoying not having to sit at my computer all day to read my college books. Thank you for your help.

6. valis

valis Moderator

no worries. Be sure to KEEP THE RECEIPT in case you get the wrong kind. :)

7. allprincess

I always keep my receipts! I am sending my mother out to Best Buy in Reno today and I gave her a list of what I need. told her to call me when she is at the store if they give her a hard time or try to sell her something she does not need, LOL. Thank you again for all your help.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090319

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice