1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Does my mobo support this chip?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by techguy41, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. techguy41

techguy41 Thread Starter

I have a socket 370, ASUS cuv4x mobo, and I have a socket 370 466MHz celeron processor. Will that processor work in this mobo?

Help

Thanks

2. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

The Asus CUV4X is a welcome addition to the Asus line of motherboards, with a flip-chip 370 socket for "Coppermine" Pentium III and Celeron-2 processors.

3. techguy41

techguy41 Thread Starter

what do you mean celeron-2? and will my board support my chip?

4. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

If the Celeron processor is in the FC-PGA packaging or it's the older Celeron in the PPGA packaging then it will work. You will have to determine what packaging it is by doing a Google search from the information on the CPU - or just trying it...

5. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Techguy41. You have allot of questions and that is fine. I read allot of your threads.

The problem is that you come across as rude and nobody really wants to deal with that.

The proper way to ask the above for example. " I am sorry, I didn't understand the information, will this motherboard support my processor?"

Also, posting things like "don't post in my thread" will alienate allot of people.

What I am trying to advise is how to talk to people. Actually I don't care if you learn or not, my computer is working fine. :rolleyes:

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You can check out the ASUS CPU Support list for your motherboard: http://www.asus.com/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

It will support socket CPU's from the Celeron 433Mhz to the Celeron 1.1Ghz. It also support Pentium III's from 600Mhz to 1.0 Ghz. You would need a BIOS update to support soem of the CPU's but the Celeron 466 is supported by the board straight from the factory.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/352652

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice