1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Does my pc have an onboard graphics card or a dedicated gfx

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Aaron48383939, Sep 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Aaron48383939

Aaron48383939 Thread Starter

My pc: future tech solutions

Gtx 1060 6gb
    Amd ryzen 5 220g
    Gigabytes a320m
    Ddr4 8gb
    And no I can't check because I just got this pc and I don't wanna mess up anything before start up :)

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    There is no such motherboard as a Gigabyte A320M, so I'm going to assume you actually have a Gigabyte GA-A320M-HD2 motherboard.

There is no such processor as a AMD Ryzen 5 220G, so I'm going to assume you actually have a AMD Ryzen 3 2200G processor.

If your computer has a GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB, it definitely has a dedicated graphic card.

It makes it easier to help you if you submit accurate and detailed information about hardware, so be careful with your typing, and make sure to submit detailed and correct information.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

3. Aaron48383939

Yeah thanks, they got the receipt wrong on the parts, fresh tech solutions, anyways thanks!

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

To answer your question, it has both; your processor has onchip video and you have a real video card. The onchip or onboard video is disabled when you install a real video card.
    Do understand that the 2200G is a basic type processor ie for running office, watching a movie, etc. The motherboard is a basic board; not a performance motherboard; however you have a gaming type video card.
    If you purchased this system with the idea of hard core gaming, you are going to be disappointed. It can play games at lower res and less fps however if you intend playing on highest settings, this system is not going to cut it.
    If you bought this for running spread sheets, email, web access, it is fine.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    To add to what crjdriver said, these are the performance ratings for the AMD processor and NVIDIA graphic card you supposedly have in your new PC.

Clipboard.jpg

If you plan to use it for hard core gaming, a better performing processor and another 8 GB of RAM would've been nice for it to come with.

----------------------------------------------------------------

6. Aaron48383939

I have seen all these benchmarks and made sure i did so my research, these settings are good enough for me as i was on a budget, despite what you have all told me, this can still run games on high-ultra as tested myself. Thanks for the help anyway

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

It depends on what games; old games yes it can probably play on high settings however something like duex ex: mankind divided will bring that system to it's knees.

8. Aaron48383939

Just played fortnite all ultra and csgo high,
    Tomb raider high, h1z1 high. They're old games?

9. Aaron48383939

I really dont think why you think my rig cant handle it.. ive just played mankind on all high, hardening shadows off, minimum of 50 fps, max 101, ive got an average of 65 fps. My definition of good is 60fps, you? Im not having a go at you.

10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If it works for you, great. You still have a ryzen3 which is an entry level processor. Ryzen5 is the mid-level family and ryzen7 is the performance series.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215246

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice