1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Does my VGA card support TV-out?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by alyssaleah18, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alyssaleah18

alyssaleah18 Thread Starter

I have an HP Pavilion dv3. How do I know if my video card supports TV-out?

2. Megabite

Megabite

You mean S-Video out I think.....take a look at the pics below.

Attached Files:

3. alyssaleah18

Thanks for the fast reply!
    My computer does not have an S-video out port, only a VGA. I was looking to connect my laptop to my tv which only has an s-video with one of these.
    The website I am ordering it from says: "NOTE: Your VGA card must support TV out directly through VGA port function."
    How do I know if my VGA card supports TC out directly through VGA port function?

4. Megabite

Megabite

I would say it will work but you will need either a S-Video cable or RAC video cable to reach the TV and the quality will not be good......and there will be no sound only picture

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

I thought I could look up your computer's specs and user manual to see if it supports TV out through the VGA port. However, the Pavilion dv3 series has at least 78 different models.

I will disagree with Megabite and say that your computer most likely does not support TV out through the VGA connector. I have worked with a few desktops and laptops and never came across one that could do it.

6. alyssaleah18

Mine is a dv3t-2000

7. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

I could not find any documentation on the HP web site that gave the details on exactly what type of signals can come out of the dv3t-2000-CTO's VGA connector. The only way you may find out for sure would be to go into the display properties control panel and see if you have any options to change the VGA output signal type to NTSC, PAL and/or SECAM (I have no idea in what country you are located and what video standards are supported by your TV).

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/895941