Does someone else have control of my computer?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Briasa

How can you tell if you have control of your own computer? I cannot change permissions in the registry and if I delete anything in the registry it is back when I reboot. This is my computer and I should be the only user. I am connected to the internet through a router that is shared with my husband, but I have file sharing turned off. I am supposed to have winxp home but when I d/l and use fresh dialouge it tells me I have winxp pro. Also I used a program to get my win key and it gave me a different key that is on the side of my computer. I reinstalled myself a few months ago and I put the key in.

In my registry the permissions are for.....

Allow Administrators {MELISSAHOME\Administrators} full control {not inherited} this key and subkeys

Allow Creator owner full control {not inherited} subkeys only

Allow system full control {not inherited} this key and subkeys

Allow Users {MelissaHome\users} read {not inherited} this key and subkeys

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online