1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Does someone else have control of my computer?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Briasa, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briasa

Briasa Thread Starter

How can you tell if you have control of your own computer? I cannot change permissions in the registry and if I delete anything in the registry it is back when I reboot. This is my computer and I should be the only user. I am connected to the internet through a router that is shared with my husband, but I have file sharing turned off. I am supposed to have winxp home but when I d/l and use fresh dialouge it tells me I have winxp pro. Also I used a program to get my win key and it gave me a different key that is on the side of my computer. I reinstalled myself a few months ago and I put the key in.

In my registry the permissions are for.....

Allow Administrators {MELISSAHOME\Administrators} full control {not inherited} this key and subkeys

Allow Creator owner full control {not inherited} subkeys only

Allow system full control {not inherited} this key and subkeys

Allow Users {MelissaHome\users} read {not inherited} this key and subkeys

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221697

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice