Does the free version of ZoneAlarm have a working Help Menu?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wumply

This may seem a weird question, but I just installed this firewall and it appears to be working as intended. But when I click on the "Help" link, I get told (repeatedly) "Help not available."

I think it must have a Help menu - I can't see how it could not have one--but even a reinstall did not produce a help menu. Could it be that it was left out as it's the free version so that you'd be tempted to go to an upgrade?

Has anyone run into this with ZoneAlarm free version? (I can't contact ZoneAlarm because the program is free.) Or has anyone any ideas as tol what might be causing the problem?

Yes the free version has an active help. In c:\program files\zone labs\zone alarm\help do you have this file zaclients.chm?

I just recently downloaded the free version of ZoneAlarm (5.1.011.000) and the "Help" in the upper right corner of "Overview" works fine. It would appear that something is messed up somewhere. Mine has a complete Contents Section, Index Section and is pretty detailed. Maybe if you contact ZA, they can help you.

brindle is correct, you should have "zaclients.chm" under
Programs - ZoneLabs - ZoneAlarm-Help files.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online