1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Does the free version of ZoneAlarm have a working Help Menu?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by wumply, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wumply

wumply Thread Starter

This may seem a weird question, but I just installed this firewall and it appears to be working as intended. But when I click on the "Help" link, I get told (repeatedly) "Help not available."

I think it must have a Help menu - I can't see how it could not have one--but even a reinstall did not produce a help menu. Could it be that it was left out as it's the free version so that you'd be tempted to go to an upgrade?

Has anyone run into this with ZoneAlarm free version? (I can't contact ZoneAlarm because the program is free.) Or has anyone any ideas as tol what might be causing the problem?

2. Abdhul

Abdhul

you could always check the online help.

3. brindle

brindle

Yes the free version has an active help. In c:\program files\zone labs\zone alarm\help do you have this file zaclients.chm?

4. John Burns

John Burns

I just recently downloaded the free version of ZoneAlarm (5.1.011.000) and the "Help" in the upper right corner of "Overview" works fine. It would appear that something is messed up somewhere. Mine has a complete Contents Section, Index Section and is pretty detailed. Maybe if you contact ZA, they can help you.

brindle is correct, you should have "zaclients.chm" under
    Programs - ZoneLabs - ZoneAlarm-Help files.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276661

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice