1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

does this computer have an agp slot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ryan711, Nov 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ryan711

ryan711 Thread Starter

i was thinking about buying the v2 premere 2.66 computer from shopnbc.com i know what you are going to say, that is a pretty ****** computer at an outragous price for what specs it is offering but it is the only computer i can buy because that is the only place that has no payments or interest for 18 months. anyway it has integrated video and i wanted to know if it had an agp slot on the mobo so i could add a decent video card such as the 5700 ultra the mobo's name is the ECS P4VMM2 here is the link to the product: http://www.shopnbc.com/product/?storeid=1&familyid=V22772&deptid=40&track=40. and if it does it might be a 4x agp slot, is there much performance difference between4x and 8x.

2. McTimson

McTimson

Yes, it has a 4x AGP slot on it. And no, there is not much difference between 4x and 8x, and any 8x card will run just fine in a 4x AGP slot.

3. jskrakowski

jskrakowski Guest

yes...does have AGP

and it'll be FINE that you only have 4x. not much real world differences

4. suesman

suesman

I've noticed hardly any difference in my Ti4200 from a XFX KT33F-ANB 4X board to this Gigabyte 8X. Some told me there would be a huge difference, but I've just not noticed alot. :D

5. McTimson

McTimson

I'm sure there's some sort of difference in benchmarks, like 3DMark, but in real-life applications, the difference is not noticeable.

6. ryan711

ryan711 Thread Starter

what about in future games like doom 3 or half life 2 or even more into the future will i be able to notice a big difference.

7. McTimson

McTimson

Probably not, 8x over 4x performance increase is very little, you would get much more performance sinmply by getting a better video card, or more memory, or stuff like that.

8. ryan711

ryan711 Thread Starter

yea i was thinking about getting an ati 9600 pro or a geforce fx 5700 ultra

9. compilerxp

compilerxp

I don't usually say this here... But this is a Piece of S***. Save money for an upgrade or look at Best Buy.

$1650 for a PC system worth about $800~900. Then you want to add a $200 video card on top of junk?

You could build a better computer for $700 (Including the 9600 or 5700).

Hmmm... Perhaps I need to learn the art of selling junk at high prices. :)

10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    hehe, its such a rip-off that they removed the link :)

The case, motherboard, powersupply, video, and sound are VERY low-end.

You plan on putting in an AGP card? Not likely with a 250 Watt powersupply and all the hardware already in there. Plus heat will be a problem.

11. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

lol u will still have to buy it in the future then u would have wasted alot of money!

take compilerxps advice

12. compilerxp

compilerxp

Ultimate Electronics (Nationwide store) is offering a 24 months NO INTERESTS on purchases over $400... Your credit must be good and they only sell SONY computers. But they have a much better deal than the posted junk.

13. ryan711

ryan711 Thread Starter

i need no payments and no interest for at least 12 months if u know of any places that are doing that please tell me

14. compilerxp

compilerxp

Save your money in a bank, buy a good computer (or parts) when you can.

I wouldn't pay $500 for that setup. (unless I knew someone who would buy it off of me for a profit).

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/176300

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice