1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Does this sound like someones hacking my computer??

Discussion in 'General Security' started by CoolArcher, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CoolArcher

CoolArcher Thread Starter

I have had hard drive space disappearing and reappearing for about a month now and it seems to change after I restart my computer, and I've ran a lot of virus scans over the past month and deleted a few trojans, I haven't been able to delete mywebsearch though.

Java uninstalled by it's self, it stopped working after I tried to update it, it just kept getting errors and now I can't install it because it keeps getting errors.

I haven't noticed any other files or programs missing and my computer is still running fine but if I leave my computer running for a long time it starts to go slower.

2. GoJoAGoGo

GoJoAGoGo

First Name:
    Joe
    Sounds like mywebsearch or perhaps another malware program is causing you problems. Which antivirus/malware scans are you using? If you're unable to delete mywebsearch, trying to in safe mode may help out.

3. CoolArcher

CoolArcher Thread Starter

I am using Mcafee, malware anti bytes and spybot. I've tried to get rid of mywebsearch so many times with different scanners but it just won't go away, it seems many other people have this problem too.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

If you are using MalwareBytes, try booting into Safe mode and let it do a scan. It may be able to accomplish more in Safe Mode.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!