1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

does Win 7 64-bit Recognize HD Formatted Under Win XP 32-bit?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pcmac55, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pcmac55

pcmac55 Thread Starter

does Win 7 64-bit Recognize HD Formatted Under Win XP 32-bit?

I am trying to access & retrieve docs on a IDE drive from a 32bit HP

Attached an adapter to the IDE drive –then to my 64 bit laptop,

but do not see documents, just a recovery drive & some HP photos

is that because I need to use a 32 bit computer to be able to see documents?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Pretty sure XP is only capable of formats FAT, FAT32, or NTFS, and Windows 7 can deal with those. Attach a screen shot of the external drive in Disk Management. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

3. pcmac55

pcmac55 Thread Starter

Screen shot attached, looks like HP_PAVILLION was wiped by HP recover software disc, if 140 gig free,

would I be able to recover the “Documents” folder using recovery software like Recuva?

Attached Files:

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The fact that those partitions have "drive" letters means that Windows can read them. All you can do is try data recovery. If Recuva doesn't work I know somebody recently had good results with the Data Recovery part of EASEUS Partition Master

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1091054

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice