does win 7 home premium 64 bit really hate dragon age origins ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

neofan3

It does run but crashes every hour or less. I posted in a game forum and a couple of people agreed that it has problem running in win 7. But I hope that somebody out there may have a fix for it. Instead of posting also my system specs, it suffices to say that ME 1 and 2, DA2, stalker, far cry, bioshock all work fine. I also have tried some suggested fixes such as dx9 etc. It is also not because of the 64 bit problem since I used to run it in windows XP 64 bit and it ran very well.

First Name
Shane
Do you have the full retail game or did you get it from somewhere like Steam?

I have DA: Origins on Steam and have never had a problem with it on Win 7 Home Premium 64bit, have played it through a couple of times and my son plays no it now and then aswell, it's never crashed once.

First Name
B.L.
I ran and completed DAO, Awakening and DAO II on Win7 64bit with no problems. This does not answer your query I'm afreaid, but it may suggest something else is causing the crashes.

neofan3

All the DLCs ( expansions ) run with fewer crashes. If the crashes come from patch 1.04 I don't know it. Anyway, by precaution I uninstalled the whole DA:O and get back almost 30 GB, and it is for the better.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online