Doesn't Go Into Standby - Reboots Instead

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Keyboard Man

I used to use STANDBY in my XP (home version) desktop system all the time. And, it used to work fine. But after about 2 years of use, it would go through the normal routine of going into Standby, but instead, and right after the click of the relay in the PC that normally puts it in the final Standby mode, it would sometimes reboot. Now, after 2-3 months of this, it's no longer intermittent and happens all the time. I've lost my Standby mode. STANDBY=REBOOT and I can reliably use this as a restart method.

Hibernate works fine and I'm now using that, but it's slower and (to me) less desirable.

I've ran programs to clean the registry and tune up system performance. Although the system runs a bit faster, the problem still exists. I've also read related threads in this forum, but cannot find my exact problem (although they may be related).

Any ideas as to what's going on and how to solve it?

Keyboard Man

I've already tried turning off the "Automatically Restart Upon System Failure" option. It made no difference.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online